Order it now.
Frequently bought together
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Have a question?
About this item
From the manufacturer
Craft, Create, And Explore
Minecraft is a game about placing blocks and going on adventures.
Explore randomly-generated worlds and build amazing things from the simplest of homes to the grandest of castles.
Play in Creative Mode with unlimited resources or mine deep into the world in survival mode, crafting weapons and armor to fend off the dangerous mobs.
Experience the gaming phenomenon “Minecraft”, rebuilt for Xbox 360! Create worlds limited only by your imagination. Explore, build, and conquer alone or with your friends via split-screen mode or over Xbox LIVE!* With new features designed specifically for Xbox 360, it’s a whole new way to make your imagination reality!
Imagine it, build it! Minecraft for Xbox 360 lets you create worlds from the comfort of your sofa. Play alone or play with your friends. Explore, build and conquer! At night monsters come out, so make sure to build a shelter before that happens. After that, your world is your imagination. Turn your hours into minutes with Minecraft for Xbox 360!
• The infinite possibilities in Minecraft just got bigger! The gaming phenomenon comes to the console with new features designed specifically for Xbox 360.
• Crafting has never been faster and easier! The new crafting interface in Minecraft for Xbox 360 delivers a completely new way to build Minecraft worlds where your imagination is the only limit.
• Learn the basics and master essential skills faster with the all-new Tutorial mode.
• Play Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition with Friends over Xbox LIVE. Combine local split screen* and Xbox LIVE play in any combination up to 8 players.
• Experience the all-new end-game battle with the Ender Dragon, including 8-player multiplayer, revised for the console edition!
* Split screen option requires HD TV.
Features & details
- The infinite possibilities in Minecraft just got bigger! The gaming phenomenon comes to the console with new features designed specifically for Xbox 360.
- Crafting has never been faster and easier! The new crafting interface in Minecraft for Xbox 360 delivers a completely new way to build Minecraft worlds where your imagination is the only limit.
- Learn the basics and master essential skills faster with the all-new Tutorial mode.
- Play Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition with Friends over Xbox LIVE. Combine local split screen* and Xbox LIVE play in any combination up to 8 players. (*Split screen option requires HD TV.)
- Release date: June 4, 2013
- Language: English
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 5.3 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 ounces
- Rated: Everyone 10+
- ASIN: B00BU3ZLJQ
- Manufacturer reference: G2W-00002
- Average Customer Review : (2,854)
- Amazon.com Sales Rank: 357
There was a problem completing your request. Please try again later.
Q: can this game and others be played without signing up for xbox live?
A: Yes. I didn't want my 8 year old on X box live. So far it hasn't effected any of our games…
Q: is it the full version with redstone?
A: I don't believe you get as much as you would with the PC version, but it does have red sto…
Q: Can this be played offline? The person who I am buying this for does NOT have internet. Wi…
A: Yes, with the disk you can play offline, but there are not as many features as online. The…
Q: is it multiplayer?
A: The other comment isn't fully true. You could achieve up to 4-player with either the compo…
Minecraft can actually be good for kids too. Minecraft encourages kids to be creative and imaginative. Minecraft gives kids creative freedom similar to the way building with legos does. It also teaches the patience and perseverence. There is no instant gratification in the game. They have to work at getting what they want and it takes time. When playing Minecraft they have to use their memory, planning, organizational and problem solving skills. Minecraft is also free of any graphic violence or anything scary. Sure you have some monsters but they are blocky monsters. This is definitely one of the few video games I am happy to see my daughter play.
There's Minecraft etiquette when playing on-line with strangers. Schools are using this as a learning tool I hear. It teaches you architecture, engineering, city-planning, agriculture, mathematics, Map reading, it teaches social skills and so much more.
Let your child play as long as they want, even better join them for an adventure on a split screen, it'll be some good quality time with mom or dad.
Let them lead, listen to them and you'll be surprised at how bright and resourceful your young one is. Enjoy.
If you find the game to jerky then adjust that in control settings.